See 'A Small Herd' videos in HD

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer Sores are healed

With summer sores behind us, I feel like the rest of the season will be smooth sailing.

We have a new routine for the mornings that includes getting cooled down on the "mist" setting with the fancy hose nozzle before returning to his stall.  It's now lingering around 100 degrees here so I'm sure the extra daily cool down helps a little.

Depending on the bale, I now leave the grate off his slow feeder box.  I worry about the shorter cuts of grass making it difficult to pull through the grate holes, so for my peace of mind he has free access today.

After abandoning his salt lick for many weeks he has finally started using it again! Yay!

His hooves are looking nice (using the coconut oil) and are easy to pick out still; after his last farrier visit in April.  He is coming due again on Wednesday.

Today we played around with the green pool noodle.  He was very eager to show he wasn't afraid of it, even though he still was lol  But with every attempt he made to sniff it or step on it I gave him a treat and reassurance.  He really seems to enjoy training and earning treats.  I'll have to look up some more tricks to teach him...

No comments:

Post a Comment