See 'A Small Herd' videos in HD

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

U-Haul or etrailer

It was quite brisk at 55 degrees this morning when I arrived at the stables.  Diamond's natural fluffy coat is doing it's job as he seemed in good spirits.  I filled his slow feeder and let him snack while I cleaned out his stall.  After a good brushing and cleaning out his feet we went into the arena.  I took off his halter and asked him to walk for 15 minutes.  Then we both ran around the arena together (Diamond was trotting while I jogged) for 10 minutes.  We walked for 5 minutes to cool down and I did some light stretching with all of his legs before heading back to his breakfast.

I am researching all options to deliver bales to the stable: 
  • I can purchase 10 bales and get delivery from the feed store     
  • Rent a truck from U-Haul for $30.95 plus $0.59 per mile.  I did all the math = $36.85 + Tax
  • Purchase a Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch from etrailer.com $134.95 free shipping and find out if U-Haul can install it.  Then purchase the Cargo Carrier for $148.95.
  • Purchase a hitch from U-Haul and have it installed 11 days after purchase $188.37 (but this might be the wrong type of hitch..for towing instead of for carriers)
I emailed etrailer today explaining what I want to do with the cargo carrier to see if they had any advice.  I'll report what they say when they email me back.

Exercise Log
11/04/14
Morning:  15 minutes walking.  10 minutes trotting.  5 minute cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment