See 'A Small Herd' videos in HD

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

etrailer is uber cool

Firstly, Diamond was doing well this morning  ^.^  We did some walking in the round pen and afterwards he rolled.  Tomorrow morning I hope to get there a bit earlier so we can work with the bareback pad.

Now...on to my quest to find, purchase, and install the correct hitch for my Focus.  I got some great customer service from etrailer.  They responded very quickly to the question I submitted and you can read it here as they posted it online.  Basically, the set up I want to order from them will work great for my situation.  Now before I bite the bullet and order from etrailer, I need to be sure I can find someone to install it.  So I called UHaul.  They think that hitch #24872 is for a Mazda and that hitch #24857 is for a Ford Focus.  Before I knew it I had scheduled an appt to install #24857 next week for $233 bucks out the door.  It all happened so fast, as Pam from The Office would say.  Fortunately, it was just an appt I could cancel at any time, no money had exchanged hands.  After getting off the phone, I re-examined everything on etrailer and searched the rest of the internet for people who had installed hitches on their focus's.  I found a forum that expressed what I was going through.  UHaul would not order part #24872, the hidden hitch recommended on etrailer.  A concern about how a hitch would void the Ford warranty was brought up.  And apparently, it would be void if any drilling takes place.  Now I was worried about how part #24857 would be installed.  #24872 is a no drill install.  So I am back to ordering from etrailer and calling UHaul to change my appt for just an installation which should be around $30.00-60.00 for labor.  Phew.

Exercise 11/05/14

Morning: 15 minutes of walking

No comments:

Post a Comment